12 Volt Operating voltage

plcBen

I am trying to select a PLC that uses the RSLogix500 programming software that operates on 12volts DC. Also, I have RL Linx Lite vers. 2.41 I have a Microogix 1000 that works great, but I need something that works on 12VDC.

Thanks for the responses-
When RS Logix 500 software starts a new file, the list of processor types does not include the Micrologix 1100. It has the option for Micrologix 1000, 1200, and 1500. Does that matter? Which processor type should be selected?

Looks like you need a newer version of RS Logix. The 1100 is fairly new and older versions of software do not support it. Do you have a support contract with Rockwell?

Thanks,
I will try to get the newest version. Our management of license is in transition due to recent re-staffing, so I'm not sure if we can get an update or not. Thanks for the response--I've been away for a while [late response].
In viewing other posts, I think this is quite a common question (12volt DC power requirements). It appears that there are several options: Pico, Directlogix, ML1100 (mentioned here). Of these, does anyone know which ones of these have free software?