S7-300 FC versus FB

cha1n

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of training on S7-300s and i'm trying to distinguish the difference between using a FC and an FB for example, if I had 42 machines that all alarm the same way.

Currently i have a common FC that is used by all 42 machines and uses stack variables (IN, OUT, IN_OUT and TEMP)and I just pass parameters in and out of the function during function calls (1 function call per machine). All 42 machines use the same function and and data that needs to be stored is done so in a shared DB.

How would this be done with a FB and is using FBs a superior way of doing it? I'm just getting a bit confused with the help file trying to justify the use of a FB. Thanks

Ross

Similar Topics

Hi all, I am new to motion control and just wondering, what are the differences between those to drives. I need to find out which of the drives...
Replies
Views
Has someone experience with a Minitouch panel in combination with a Siemens S7-300. I have never used/heard of these panels. Please give me your...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a possible project to replace a 300HP DC motor and drive(runs an extruder) with an AC system. The previous engineer who has since...
Replies
Views
Hi Siemens guys! I am experiencing SF fault on our S7-300 (6ES7 315-2AH14-0AB0) CPU from time to time. I've checked the diagnostic buffer and...
Replies
Views
Have a system that has been running for over a year and all of a sudden getting a ExcessiveVelocityFault on one of the drives when the MSO command...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom