Downloading in a PanelView Without FtView

enault

id like to know what would be the best and cheapest way to download an application into a PV700 or PV1000

i have an application that have been created by a Factory talk View Studio Machine Edition

id like to put this application on my PV700 but i dont have any Instance of factory talk view

is there a small software that could allow me to download this application or i need to buy a full FTView ME in order to be able to download

You can use a compactflash card to copy the application if you have the .mer file.

If you stick the compactflash card in the panelview first, it will create the directory structure for you. Then just copy the file from your computer to the cf card at the end of the directory it creates.

well thanks Dravik
its seems to be a good alernative

but im gonna be more specific about what i need.
I do have full FtView that allow me to create .mer file
I need to be able to download remotly on a PV700 located on our customer site.
Im able to control remotly a computer onsite that is on the same network as the PV700 but this computer dont have any FtView Software.
I would need to be able to download a new application on the PV without onsite action so i was more wondering if Rockwell software could provide some kind of standalone ME Transfer Utility without buying a full FTView ME

Last edited:
well thanks Dravik
its seems to be a good alernative

but im gonna be more specific about what i need.
I do have full FtView that allow me to create .mer file
I need to be able to download remotly on a PV700 located on our customer site.
Im able to control remotly a computer onsite that is on the same network as the PV700 but this computer dont have any FtView Software.
I would need to be able to download a new application on the PV without onsite action so i was more wondering if Rockwell software could provide some kind of standalone ME Transfer Utility without buying a full FTView ME

If you have a Dial Up Networking connection setup at the jobsite, you should be able to download to the PV+ via the dialup RAS.

I done this a couple years updating a PV1000+ in Edmonton from our office here in Richmond Hill. Beware though, it is slow and if the connection is lost, the application in the PV+ can also be lost.

If you can control a remote computer, is that computer a server class machine? Ie Win2k-Server or 2k3 server?
You could setup vpn using those and vpn into the same network as your PV+ then dl over the wire.

Thanks for your answer (except the plane ticket one)

my final solution is im gonna install FtView Studio on a computer On Site but i wont put any activation

i discovered that the ME Transfer Utility doesn't need any Rockwell activation to work