How to - WinCC's representation/ "Genie" equivalent

Howdy,

Can anyone with WinCC experience tell me if its possible to create a representation (with inputs for live I/O) that can be used in multiple pictures?

I am trying to create the equivalent of CitectSCADA's Genie but in WinCC v6.2. That way, if I wanted to make a small edit to the representation I can do it to the master representation which then propagates it to all the pictures that it is used in.
In Citect, these are called "Genies" and RSView these are called Global Objects.

Anything like that in WinCC?

Cheerio,

Scoots

I never worked with Citect so I'm not sure if I understood your thread. But if it is about the editing of the pictures you may try to use the VBA editor (path\Wincc\documents\VBA.pdf).
teckhno

I too would like an answer to this question. I have installed many Siemens S7 and Citect SCADA systems in several asian countries making extensive use of Citects Genies and Super Genies. Several times it has been suggested that I should use WinCC rather than Citect but I have not found any Genie / Super Genie equivalent. I would have to create many copied pages apparently, and then so painfully edit each variable taking an enormous amount of programming time not to mention the likelyhood of introducing mistakes.

I use a lot of Super Genius that use around 30 Citect tags. Perhaps I use that Super Genie 80 times in a project thus using a total of 2400 tags. For that I only have to enter the 80 basic tag names on my pages. The savings in time, typing and mistakes is enormous.

I truly hope there is a WinCC equivalent but I doubt it.

Perhaps a WinCC user can describe how to create a popup of for example a PID controller with limits, trends, buttons, PID settings etc. Perhaps a total of 30 tags for each popup.

It sounds like you are talking of that known as Faceplate in WinCC flexible..

If one would design a faceplate for a pid controller then you could have xx nr of instances of that faceplate each bound to a different set of tags..

Not sure what you mean.. For example in our project we have a faceplate with parameters for pid controllers :

P
I
D
SP
PV

When a new instance of this faceplate is created one have to connect variables to P,I,D and so on as these not are connected..

Its not me doing the HMI so I cant explain it better..