Can a PLC receive a signal from a GSM modem?

smsman

Hi,
I am new to this forum and i have a very skeletal knowledge in PLC's(comes form my 4 month exp. working for an autmation agency that supported keyence).
Is it possible for a PLC to receive a signal from a gsm modem and runa program or take an output from a program and send the o/p through a gsm modem? I dont know the basics of requirement for such a system, can some of you throw some light on this.
regards
smsman

I have heard Beckhoff PLC have a module to interact with GSM modems - you may try to explore on the net for info.

You can connect a modem to a Basic Module/Comms card in a PLC or use the Default Serial Port. I know you can configure in AB, GE and most PLC's.

The PLC program and the Basic Program in these Modules will do what you intend an Input or Output should do.