Rslogix 5000 downloading to a cf card

stu

Hi guys, i am trying to download a program on to a cf card before i get to the processor,if i ctrl c and then ctrl v the file from hard drive will that copy all files to the cf card so i can run , all the best stu

That's not the way it works.

The controller copies a binary image of its operating system, tag database, tag values, and user program to the CF card.

You cannot create this binary image using an offline tool. You must have the controller.

Once the controller has created the binary image file you can copy, store, archive, and manipulate it with ordinary file management tools.

so i have to use the cotroller to copy the files,does it have to be a ab cf card or can i use any cf ? can you copy when the processor is running or does it have to stop?

"Copy" might be the incorrect word.

The controller must be in Program Mode.

Under the direction of RSLogix 5000, the controller creates a binary image of its operating system, user program, tag database, and tag values.

The controller then writes this binary image file as well as a XML file that contains the startup options, to the CF card.

Once that is done, you can copy and move and do anything else with the files that you wish using ordinary file tools.

A-B will only support the 1784-CF64 and -CF128 cards that they sell. You can try to use any FAT16-formatted CF card that you wish, but you're on your own if it does not work.