RS485 15 pins to RS485 9 pins !!

manmeetvirdi

Hi there
I need to comunicate CP340 (RS485 15 pins) to Message didplay board (RS485 9 pins). Problem is I need a cable diagram of RS485 15 pins to RS485 9 pins.

Regards

Thanks
Ok do you mean that get the pin details of both the device and then match it like for example:
Pin 15 Tx (15 pin side) should be connected to pin 4 Rx (9 pin side)??

OK then for sure all the 15 pins are not being used at 15 pin side.
I think minimum of three pins are required for communication, and maximum of 9 pins !!
Ok my work starts now.

Unless "Message Display Board" is a well defined Siemens thing I think we would have to see the port characteristics of that board before making any statements on how to connect them. For us to help we would need specific identification for "Message Display Board".