how to sinchonize two servo motor??

common

C
is there posible to sinchonize two servo motor??? or does any servo motor support second encoder function??? I want to schonize two servo motor movement. I m prefer to use mitsubishi servo motor.

Does your servo motor support REGISTRATION markings? Like an Allen Bradley Ultra drive supports registration and you can sync two servo's to a registration.

Commonly this is used in the paper printing presses where they have a registration mark printed on punched on the paper and the servo/photoeye can read the marks and sync to this....

Hope that helps.

The simple answer is.... Yes, two Servo Motors can, theoretically, indeed be synchronized!

As to whether or not it can be accomplished practically on your particular system depends on the Servo Control System(s) and how you are using them.

Some Servo Systems will "talk" to other Servo Systems directly while some simply do what the PLC tells them.

If two or more "smart" Servo Systems are "aware" of each other, then the PLC can simply pass Speed, Position, Target information to the Servo-Group and they handle the task on their own. They might then report progress back to the PLC or they might simply report "task-done".

On the other-hand, if the Servos are not "smart", then the PLC has to handle everything. This certainly becomes much more calculation intensive. You have to be up on your physics to handle this without crashing the system - the "Two bodies can not be in the same space at the same time." rule applies.

Whether or not YOU can synchronize Servo Motors depends on the equipment YOU are using and YOUR programming abilities!

Syncronus Servos

If your controller supports it using a follower mode servo is much more reliable and simpler to set up and maintain. Typically you set one servo to be controlled and the other one(s) to follow it.

Good Luck,