PLC 5/10 communication

victorherr

Hey guys I have a PLC 5/10 processor and would like to communicate my computer to it, I do have a 1784-PCM5/B cable and I also have a 1784-PCMK/ Communication card. I tried communicating with it but having an issue configuring the drivers on RSlinx, for the most part i go to configure drivers and on available drivers i pick th 1784-KT/KTXD/PCMK for DH/DH-485 DEVICE. but still will not show me the plc on Rs who, any suggestions.

Thanks.

Hey guys I have a PLC 5/10 processor and would like to communicate my computer to it, I do have a 1784-PCM5/B cable and I also have a 1784-PCMK/ Communication card. I tried communicating with it but having an issue configuring the drivers on RSlinx, for the most part i go to configure drivers and on available drivers i pick th 1784-KT/KTXD/PCMK for DH/DH-485 DEVICE. but still will not show me the plc on Rs who, any suggestions.

Thanks.

What version of windows are you using? What version of RSLinx?
Have you installed the hardware drivers for your operating system off the RSLinx CD for your PCMK?

Plc5/10

Thanks.

Im using windows XP and yes all the drivers for the card are installed in the computer, we use it to communicate to other plc. is just that this PLC am having problems communicating.

Since you are able to see other PLC-5 processors but not this one lets try something simple first.

The 5/10 is an older processor and only supports 57.6Kb for a baud rate. Perhaps your other PLC-5s are configured for 230.4Kb. Just verify that the RSLinx driver is configured for 57.6Kb.

Also, is that PLC on a network with other devices or just operating stand-alone?

If it is successfully communicating then the DH+ (or PCL) status indicator would be solid green. So if it is stand-alone then the light would flash occassionally while your PC is disconnected and then when you plug your PC in and fire up RSLinx it would go solid green. If it is on a network with other devices then it should be solid green all the time whether your PC is plugged in or not.

OG