ml1400 Dataloging: Retrieveing Data

junior

I'm working on a project with a ML1400. Every 1 minute there will be data recorded using the datalog function. I know there's the GetDatalog.exe to connect and retrieve the data. This tool is ok, but it's not too flexible. If you want to change the column headings, etc.

I would like to be able to populate a SQL Server database with the data directly. What I would like to know if there's some programming reference that would explain how to pull the data out using Visual Basic or C. or are you able to use stored procedures in SQL server to pull the data out.

Jr.

You could write a VB or C app that polls the PLC via OPC calls then logs to your SQL Server database. I'd recommend FactorySQL in this case. Drag, Drop, log - you'll be finished in a few hours.

I was hoping to avoid OPC as you have to buy the sofware package and RSLinx OEM which both cost $$$. Somehow the GetDatalog.exe uses RSLinx Lite which is free. I'm only logging 6 datapoints,so an OPC package would be overkill.