Over-enthusiastic AVG (Beijers E-Designer)

DairyBoy

Hey guys. I've just updated my E-Designer to ver. 7.50. All went in ok, but when AVG did its bit in the evening, it took out what appears to be the simulator (opsim.exe) file, claiming it to be a trojan! I thought of reloading the software, but guessed that AVG will only grab it again next time. Anyone with similar experience?

Antivirus software does sometimes alert about files that are not really virus or trojan. It is based on fact that they have some predefined rulesets that allow them to find viruses that are not yet know.

So if you know it is safe file, just make exception in you antivir software.

Use NOD32. I have never had a problem with it and the reports on VB (Virus Bulletin) sugget it has not missed a virus in the wild in 8 years. It scans fast without killing the computer (Norton?) too.