Intrinsically safe output codes and housing codes

russrmartin

Hi guys. I've installed quite a bit of equipment in classified areas over the years, and one thing I just noticed is this rating of output signal codes and housing codes. Anyone know what these are, and how to intepret them into real life values. I believe they are probably similar to motor skin temp ratings or something, and that there is a table to cross reference, but google yields nothing appropriate to this.

Thanks for the link, but it's not much help specific to the question. I am aware of skin temp ratings, but haven't seen the housing codes before. Here is an example of what I am talking about. I may contact Magnetrol about them and post the answer. Below is a link to the sales info I'm referencing. The ratings are on page 8 under agency approval.http://literature.magnetrol.com/1/51-137.pdf

Last edited:
In reference to the Magnetrols, the "output signal codes" and "housing codes" are merely part number digits as selected by you depending on the options you want. Some of their codes are dependent on other codes, such as "this is available, but only if you also choose that".

For example, if you want intrinsically safe approval (which would be code "1" in the corresponding digit of the part number), you need to have output code "0" in the output code corresponding digit of the part number, which stands for "mA shift output".

They have no meaning outside of this part number selection guide.

kent