Panelview and S7 300

andreas

Hi everybody,

I would like to use a Panel view HMI with a S7 314. We would like to do that to reduce our spare part inventory.
What communication protocol do I use and how do I tie in the Panel view Project in to the PLC program.

I hope somebody can help me with that an I appreciate every idea I can get.

Thanks
Andy

What protocol does the Panelview support? Post the complete catalog number.

What protocol does the S7 314 support? I'm not a S7 guy so others will have to check in here.

They both must support the same protocol.

They both support
EtherNet and
Profibus DP
But I don't know how to assign the Variable to the PLC from the Panelview Project.

Thanks

Andreas

PanelView Plus terminals can connect to Siemens S7-300 series controllers using an RS-232 to MPI converter.

To my knowledge the PV+ cannot use the USB/MPI converter.

The communication driver is KepServer Enterprise. You can find Siemens addressing help in the KepServer documentation.

In my very limited experience, the MPI interface is more straightforward and less expensive than using Profibus DP.

What are the full part numbers for both... if you have a Ethernet on both then you would just connect it that way and you would not need any cables (other then a Cat5).... not that I think you buying cables is such a bad idea ;)

Ken or someone else would have to help with the PV+ and the drivers but I would think that KepServer would have them.

Assuming that you would just load them to the PV??

I re-checked the KepServer Enterprise driver list. I only have a small amount of experience with the Serial -> MPI converter and PV+, and can't offer advice on Siemens Ethernet.

The listed drivers are:

Siemens S5
Siemens S7-MPI
Siemens S7-200
Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet

Again, documentation is part of the KepServer Help files. It should be the same as this driver from Kepware:

http://www.kepware.com/Spec_Sheets/Siemens_S7_200300400_TCPIPEthernet.html

To load a KepServer Enterprise driver into a PV+ terminal, you perform a firmware upgrade with the driver included. I only ever load one driver of any given type (serial or ethernet or expansion card).