OT: Bucket list....

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So you may (or may not) have seen the movie... but I was wondering what things are there to see, in your part of the world...

I may not be able to go but I have been looking for cool things to see before.... well you know đź‘Ľ

Can you imagine.... having a few to many to drink then wakening up on THIS the next morning...

I been here but it was before they built this http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/

I would of loved to see this http://firefall.info/ it was before my time

Anything on your list?

I don't have so much as a "list", but I do make a conscious effort to jump "out of the box" if an opportunity arises.

A few years ago I went on a spontaneous(left the next day) white water rafting trip in West Virgina: http://www.raftinginfo.com/rafting/rivers/gauley-river.php - Almost drowned, got trapped under the raft, killer good time!

Was in the Bahamas last month and went SCUBA diving for the first time, again unplanned just did it when the opportunity was there.

I really want to fly in a B-17: www.b17.org

Speaking of flying, I grew up in Oshkosh, WI home of the EAA www.eaa.org, so if you are into aircraft, WWII planes in particular make the trek to Oshkosh, WI for the annual air show.

And being a WI native, if you are into football at all, go to Lambeau Field on a Sunday, even if you do not have tickets just party it up with the locals and wander the parking lot of Lambeau pre and post game!! So much fun!

Go to New York City, and have a cabbie drive you all around in Manhattan...that is an adventure in itself, organized chaos! Then just take in the engineering that goes into a city like that!

I really want to go to Cedar Point this season too!

A few years ago I went on a spontaneous(left the next day) white water rafting trip in West Virgina:
I have been white-water rafting in many places, including the Snake River canyon, Costa Rica, and Denali National Park in Alaska.

The place I like most, and the place I have gone back to many times, is the Ocoee River near Cleveland, Tennessee. There is a 5-mile run that is open to the public for rafting and kayaking. In the summer it is closer to a wild ride than any other summer-pool river, because the river is controlled-release from a TVA dam. The rafting companies made a deal with TVA for water to be released during the summer daylight hours. At night TVA closes the dam and uses the water to generate power, a win-win solution for everyone.

This river has more thrills in 5 miles than just about any other river, good access, plenty of motels, restaurants, and campgrounds around Cleveland. This is a typical Ocoee Rafting company:
http://www.ocoeerafting.com/

Dont know if you are into racing or not, but here in Michigan at the michigan speedway you can go to a one day driving school the track is 3 miles and a little pricey but one hell of a good time,I drove at 140 miles per hour what a rush, but then I found out that you can get 3 hot laps with a pro driver for 99.00 bucks and man what a rush that is, I have been going for the past 5 years.and that ride is 165 mph you cant beat it for 99.00 bucks, the one school is 650.00 bucks you get the school and 12 laps that you drive, its fun but not as fun as the ride along (hot laps)Im sure just about every track does the same thing, but if you like speed then you will have a blast