1769-L32E and Panelview STANDARD!

tmiuser

OK...Problem:
How to use a ASCII Entry object on a PV600 when you are using a CompactLogix Controller???

The 'STRING' Tag in my Controller is 'HmiStrDisp'.
(it is a normal STRING Tag...)

The Panelview is Setup for ControlLogix5000 Node Type.

My Numeric Entry objects on the PV operate OK....

My ASCII objects display 'initial write fail'......
and do not work.......

Please do not reference Rockwell KB in your answers...since I do not have a 'TechConnect'...and they do not permit me to view Knowledgebase Answers that deal with this....
(how SCREWED up is THAT?!?!?!)

Looking forward to knowing how!!.....

Steve

Tag definition?

I have an example for a string read and the trick was in defining the tag correctly in the PV. This should work for you trying to write the string value also.

1st define the number of characters you want displayed.
PV_String1.JPG

Then define the tag. Note the Character Array selection, the .Data[0] in the Tag Address field, and the Array Size. The Array Size is the number of characters allowed.
PV_String2.JPG

That Sounds GREAT!

I'll Try it....when I get back to that location.

One quick Question....My PV does not have
'unscheduled'...and 'scheduled' messaging....??

or do I need to select a different Style of PLC?