Bringing Projects into Proficy Machine Edition

Ron Chownyk

I'm fairly well-versed in programming GE 90-30 PLCs with Proficy ME, but I can't figure out how to open a project that was created on a different PC.

Someone has a project on their laptop, with full documentation etc. They find the project folder under the \BUILD folder (subdirectory to us old-schoolers) on their PC, and copy it to a CD.

Now how can I open the project on MY computer? I copy the folder to the \BUILD folder on my PC, but ME won't see it. I can create a new project with the same name and copy all the files to the new project folder, but the project comes up empty.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to use File --> Backup Project on their computer, then use File --> Restore Project on my computer.

:confused: Any suggestions?

Hi
you can simply drag and frop the project from windows explorer..something like c:\program files\ge fanuc\proficy machine edition\secureworx\local\frameworX

The drag-and-drop doesn't work. ME doesn't recognize it as a project. If there was a way to "refresh" the project list, it would be very very helpful.

As to being "afraid" it simply means I have to go to the customer's site, commandeer their computer, open the project, back up the project, then repeat for each project I need. It's just going to take more time.