Urgent Help Required

mshoaib

Dear Professionals

i am facing problem with SLC5/03 OS300 which have no option of Floating point but i need this Floating Point In Ladder & Rsview for Flow totalization. kindly advise accordingly.

regards

shoaib

Shoaib,
You will have to use integers to total the number of pulses received
and then divide this in RSview to get the total in floating point format.

e.g. 1 pulse = 0.1 litres

SLC Counts 235 pulses

RSview = 235*0.1= 23.5 litres

If the reason you need floating point is that your flow totalization generates a very large number, then there do two things you can do:

1. Upgrade your SLC5/03 to the latest firmware, it is not very expensive.

2. Write som ladder code that effectively provides you with double-word sized variables.
Hint: When var1 reaches 10000 and 1 is added to 1, the reset var1 and add 1 to var2.

I second looking into a firmware update. It is reasonably priced and you will make up a portion of it with the reduced programming time. The upgrade is really simple to do.

OS300, circa 1993

An OS300 operating system SLC-5/03 is probably a Series A unit, which is not upgradeable. I have a couple of those with OS300 and OS301 that are basically relics because they can't use the new features of OS302 and Series C (a.k.a OS310).

You'll probably have to use cascading integer accumulation registers.