OPC server in FT View SE

Abdul_Marlin

Hi,

Does anyone have experience using OPC server in FT View SE ? When I created OPC data server in FT VIew Studio, the status always failed. any suggestion? Can RSLinx Enterprise act like RSlinx Gateway?

I plan to use FT View SE server as HMI server, RSLinx Enterprise Device server, Alarm & Event Server and OPC data server. This OPC data server will be used by third party OPC client to get data from our PLCs( contrologix, PLC5 and SLC 500 processor). So I can minimize Ethernet connection directly to procesor in another word, this server will be a gateway for other rslinx to access our processor in the field. with this plan I hope ethernet bandwith to processor can be more effective.

Thanks & Regards,
Marlin

As far as I remember, you have to configure OPC server in RSLinx. It should be version above RSLinx Lite.

You could try the Allen Bradley driver suite in KEPServerEx from Kepware. It is proven to work with Factory View SE as well as other OPC Client Applications. it also supports native connections from Wonderware and GE iFix.