Displaying HEX number on PanelView

TheStarr

Ran into a strange problem. How do you display a Hexadecimal number on a PanleView 600?

The PLC is a CompactLogix.

The value is passed into the PLC from an extrenal source into a "HEX" style tag.

The PanelView does not have the option to display a hex, only an integer or a string.

Is there an easy way to convert the hex to a string?

All of the hex converters I have found change the hex to it's ascii form, this is not what I want.

I need to display the hex digits.

Example: 2D3FF43A hex in PLC; display on screen as "2D3FF43A"

I don't know of any way in a PanelView or PanelView Plus to display a value in hexadecimal.

In a dozen years working with both platforms I have had to do this only twice. I used Masked Move and Divide instructions to get each digit of the hex value into its own register, then displayed the value digit-by-digit with a multi-state indicator.

Crude and troublesome, but it worked.

Are you using a PanelView Standard 600 or a PanelView Plus 600 ?

That is what I was afraid of.

We have already got a basic "divide and conquer" setup going, but it is very labor (rung) intensive.

UPDATE!!!!!

After many attempts with AB Tech Support, they finally came through with a slick fix.

They have created an "Add-on instruction" called "Hex2String"

The processor must be upgraded to version 16, then you right click "Add-on Instruction" and "Import" the attached L5X file.

Works great!

P.S. We tried it on a PanelView Plus 400 and it worked perfect.

Thanks for the input.