OT: Compliance Down-under

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have a place I can start from to find out
the applicable codes and standards presently in place in
Austrailia?

This can be a bit tricky. If you have a client, they will often have a list of applicable standards in their specifications. Unfortunately, this is often listed as "all relevant standards to be followed".

Two important standards are AS3000 (or AS/NZ 3000, since we often combine with New Zealand) for wiring rules, and AS4024 Machine Guarding.
AS3000 will have a list of other standards.
Some rules vary according to state, region and industry.

Could you let us know which State and what industry you are targeting? Manufacturing, mining or chemical industry?

The end-use location is in City of Whittlesea, Victorian State .
The application is robotic picking and placing of food products.

This can be a bit tricky. If you have a client, they will often have a list of applicable standards in their specifications. Unfortunately, this is often listed as "all relevant standards to be followed".

Two important standards are AS3000 (or AS/NZ 3000, since we often combine with New Zealand) for wiring rules, and AS4024 Machine Guarding.
AS3000 will have a list of other standards.
Some rules vary according to state, region and industry.

Could you let us know which State and what industry you are targeting? Manufacturing, mining or chemical industry?