SICK light barrier pc cable

loadedtoad

Apologies as not exactly PLC but im sure enough of you out there have programmed these units.Has anyone got a pinout(schematic) of the pc connecting lead its a 9 pin sub d at the pc (com1)and a round 5 pin plug at the barrier ive got the plugs(connectors) but can't find the info anywhere.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but thought it would be better than starting a new one..

I have some Sick C4000 Light Barriers

What cable ?

What software (presume from sick) but need a part number?

Hi Dave,

The software is called CDS (configuration & Diagnostics) it was supplied with the hardware we bought.

you can download it here:

https://www.mysick.com/eula.aspx?type=ZIP&path=saqqara/DC0000853&lang=en

Comms cable is the same as previously mentioned, although you would have a job to make one - the 8mm lead isnt a standard proxy style connector.

2m 6021195
8m 2027649

Useful website (although long winded)

www.mysick.com

regards Steve

Last edited:
thanks for the info guys

ive got the original software (was supplied when machine was installed a few years ago ,no lead though).
ive also got a damaged (original sick)lead with 1 good plug and 1 metre of cable attatched so no problem with the special plug.
ive got an old modem lead with a good 9 pin sub d on it.
i was just hoping for the pinouts for a 10 minute solder job with a bit of heat shrinking.

phone call to sick uk on monday i guess