Plc 5/40 and excell

turbohamad

HI GUYS
I am sucessfully establish the communication between excell and RS logix 5000 through RS link and read data from the PLC.
But I can not Understand that how i read the PLC 5/20 or 5/40
in excell.please help me on this issu
thanks

HI GUYS
I am sucessfully establish the communication between excell and RS logix 5000 through RS link and read data from the PLC.
But I can not Understand that how i read the PLC 5/20 or 5/40
in excell.please help me on this issu
thanks

I've done this on a 5/40.. what I did was simply:
1) Create a topic in linx for the device (I've done it with modem/DH+).
2)Go to Copy DDE Link to Clipboard... when configuring... find what you're looking for and how you'd like it presented in excel. For example.. if I wanted to take 20 words, but instead of pasting one large column I wanted five groups with four words in each group, I would select one of the four word groups at a time....
3)In Excel... right click where you'd like the information and paste the link.

To collect more data go back and repeat steps 2 and 3.

Good Luck!!

Sir Thanks for Reply
But i can not understand how configure the module/DH+ and also i pass some information to u about our system
We have plc 5/40 and i/o modules but the display is S386 ibm with floppy and 176MB hard disk and 4 MB Ram with DOS operating system.Very old system their CRT are damaged.How can I cofigure the links in that system. In rslogix 5k we configure the linx sucessfully.Please guide what can i do ?
I want to change the HMI display system.The olde one is communicate via asyncronous real time communication card which is install in IBM computer and link via serial cable attached to the PLC.
Please help me on this issu?
thanks