Suggestions

Marc

Hi all,

I am looking for your input/suggestions for a low cost direct (no PLC) display of analog values in a panel.

Heres the scoop, customer wants to monitor chemical levels in two tanks HCL and HF. We intend to use 2 very low cost ultrasonic level transmitters that output 4-20mA as well as relay contact closures.

I would like to display the tank levels on a screen or on panelmount displays which could be scaled to display liters.

Any suggestions?

THX

Marc

Hi all,

I am looking for your input/suggestions for a low cost direct (no PLC) display of analog values in a panel.

Heres the scoop, customer wants to monitor chemical levels in two tanks HCL and HF. We intend to use 2 very low cost ultrasonic level transmitters that output 4-20mA as well as relay contact closures.

I would like to display the tank levels on a screen or on panelmount displays which could be scaled to display liters.

Any suggestions?

THX

Marc

Take your pick...

http://www.omega.com/pptst/DP25B.html
http://www.redlion.net/Products/DigitalandAnalog/DigitalPanelMeters/DCCurrent/PAXLA.html
http://www.newportus.com/Products/Temprtur/i32.htm

Hi all,

Any suggestions? THX Marc

Archaic I admit but definitely low upfront and low maintenance - mount gage glasses on tank sides with stop valves at top and bottom, label for volumes at varying levels. If concentrated acids then gage glass may not be such a good idea unless protected and away from forklift areas.

Dan Bentler

Archaic I admit but definitely low upfront and low maintenance - mount gage glasses on tank sides with stop valves at top and bottom, label for volumes at varying levels. If concentrated acids then gage glass may not be such a good idea unless protected and away from forklift areas.

Dan Bentler

Depending on the concentration of the HF, gage glass may not be a good idea at all, as HF _dissolves_ glass. Read the wikipedia entry on Hydrofloric Acid. This is one of the substances that even many chemists are nervous about working with. Tread carefully...

Brian

Thanks for all the input. Looks like I may go the Red Lion route.

I'll post my impressions of the units (CUB5P) if the customer decides to go this route.

Thanks again

Marc

PS wonder if Mike will read this :)

Last edited:
Should have mentioned chemical compatability especially so in case of HF --- OOOPS. Goes double for the probe.

Red Lion cub type display would be a good choice in my opinion. Easy to use and "program" reliable at a low cost also.

QUOTE PS wonder if Mike will read this UNQUOTE
Who the heck is Mike???

Dan Bentler