FactoryTalk Testing Application w/ actual PanelView layout?

bknight

I have a basic test application I've put together in FactoryTalk, and have it up and running talking to my emulated PLC.

Now I want to assign keys based on my button layout as it would display in my PanelView 1250 display. Is there a way when I'm testing the application or laying out the application in FactoryTalk to get an emulated PanelView bezel to show so I can line my buttons on the screen up with the keys on the edge of the PanelView? Or is my only option to guess and test flashing down to the device? It would seem logical to have some sort of layout tool such as this.

Thanks,
Bill

Since the keys on the PV are hardware keys, there is no way to emulate someone pressing those. Think of a real push button. An emulator cannot make the button press and release. However, you certainly can test your programs use of those keys.

The "F" keys on your keyboard will work the same as the "F" keys on the PV+. However the terminal has more keys than your computer does. Any other keys would require you build something onscreen.

What I have done in the past is build a pop-up windows with all the keys on it. Using parameter files I can usually test most screens fairly easily. It's not perfect but it's what I have done. Maybe someone else can offer a cleaner solution.

OG