Two CLX CPU in one chassis

yang1216

Hi all. We have two ControlLogix CPU in one chassis, and a ControlLogix CPU in another chassis want to communicate with one of them through Ethernet. How should I configure the MSG? The chassis which has two CPU has an Ethernet card whose IP address is 192.168.2.1. But I cannot set path of the MSG as "B_ENBT,2,192.168.2.1", because the MSG can not distinguish the two CPU.

Thanks, Ron.
So, if I want to communicate with the processor in slot 11, I should set the path as "B_ENBT,2,192.168.2.1,1,11".

MSG is the hard way

CLX platform has a built in method for transmitting data. Try looking up produced and consumed tags. I think you'll find this MUCH easier. MSG's are required when reading data from a different platform controller, such as a SLC or MicroLogix. But, in your case, it's much cleaner and easier to follow using produced and consumed tags. Basically, the controller holding the data "produces" a tag, and all the other controllers, not just 1, can "consume" or read the tag. I typically name these tags in order of where they are produced. For example, lets say you had a bunch of floating point values that you wanted to transfer from PLC1 to PLC2. I would make the tags in PLC1 something like Floating_From_PLC1. If these tags have the same name in both PLC1 and PLC2, they become very easy to locate when following them, and it's also easy to know where they are generated.