Controlnet through PLC5

Hello,
Quick question. I have a controlnet network hooked to a controlnetmodel PLC5. Is it possible to go online to the controlnet with RSNetworx through the PLC5?
Or will I have to purchase a PCC card?
Currently as I see it we have no way of going online to configure the controlnet with the equipment I havve. I want to be prepared for a catastrophic abnormality. 🔨

Please feel free to ignore this question. I was thinking this would be similar to devicenet network. It appears that all the configuration, addressing and even scaling info for my nodes are all configured in the PLC5 via RSlogix5.
I dun lernt me sumpin 2day.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am trying to send a message (PLC-5 typed read) from a PLC-5 to a ControlLogix Controller. I did it successfully the first time, when I...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, looking for advice in this particular scenario. Currently we have a controlnet bus that has (6) CN2DN devices and (2) powerflex...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a cheap USB to ControlNet or USB to DeviceNet adapter (I'm looking for both). I thought PLC Cable would have one but I did not...
Replies
Views
I'm having an issue trying to backup a ControlNet network. Within RSLogix5000, when I click on Module Properties of the 1756-CNB (Rev 5.001), the...
Replies
Views
An issue occurred at an organization here in whereby the ControlNet card developed a fault. Card Details: Catalog/Series; 1756-CN2RXT B Part No...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom