Siemens project file system > reference data

Jsmit

Hi All,

I'm writing an application to automate checking of design standards in Siemens Step7 programs, now I have found a way to open the symbol list directly into C# but was wondering if someone has more information regarding the rest of the project file system layout... Especially the different views on reference data, I know I can export them but rather have single project selection and let my program do the rest. This also applies to the actual code, anyone of you guru's have an idea of how this is actually stored and linked together in the file/db system behind Simatic Manager? Help is very much appreciated!!!

Best regards,

Joel

Sorry for the expression, F*k. You doing design standards checking for Siemens S7, and you come for advice to one ill informed on the subject.

We, in SA, solve plant production problems, not standard problems.

Haha!!! Well doing that too but in time left I am in charge of checking code of my engineers to ensure quality standards are properly used in the program to avoid programming errors... Since the number of engineers and projects is ever growing I find it more and more difficult to check every line of code myself by hand 4-5 times during a project... So automating this action is not a very bad idea... In fact I already have a tool working only it takes in 6 different files which all need to be generated by Simatic Manager separately.

Just trying to make my life ever easier ;-)...

Best regards,

Joel...