no response from plc

gaz_28

Hi,
As you will probably get the idea of i have not got alot of experience with plc's so please be patient with me i know basics and i have programmed a plc using rslogix 500.
I have tried connection test on a plc at work and all i get is no response from plc, the plc is a sysmac c28h plc and the software we have which i am told used to work is syswin 3.4. no matter what i try on the baud rate or wether its odd or even i tried changing everything and i get nothing, can anyone offer any addvice please ? the plc has got the RS232c connection on the front and i have used an RS232 cable.
thanks

It could be the computer that you are using to connect with. Many of the newer computers do not have a true RS232 port (COM port). If you use some type of port adapter, you must make certain that it is known to work with your specific PLC.

Do you have RSlinks on your computer? If you do then you will have to shut it down because it will take your port when you start your computer and will not let other programs use the port until Links is shut down. Click on the icon for Links at the bottom of your screen on the tool bar then click on shut down all (or something like that) Hope this helps.

Sincerely:
Maintenance Man
:confused: