Suitable PLC module for totalizer signal

flyers

Hi guys,

We've a client that need to monitor the totalizer signal in the PLC (HMI). According to the client, the output is frequency/pulse. Does anyone know what is the suitable input module to receive this kind of signal?

The client has 2 system, one system is using MLX 1500, another is SLC 500.

I guess it's 1769-IQ16F for MLX 1500 system, am I right?

depends on the frequency or duration of the pulse. not sure what hz input the mlx1500 or slc500 can handle with their normal inputs. what do they want to totalise? if it exceeds a specified hz for ur normal inputs a high speed counter card might be needed

depends on the frequency or duration of the pulse. not sure what hz input the mlx1500 or slc500 can handle with their normal inputs. what do they want to totalise? if it exceeds a specified hz for ur normal inputs a high speed counter card might be needed

Hi,

Can we use high speed input module instead of high speed counter? What is the difference?

High speed input has 16 points/module, while high speed counter only supports 1 channel/module, right?

Answer these comments and we might be able to help you...

How often are your pulses coming?
How long are your pulses?