Field bus converter

Doug_Adam

Has anyone had any good recommendations for an industrial field bus protocol converter?
Initially, I am looking for something that will convert CANOpen to Modbus TCP.
Later, I also see the need to convert CANOpen to the following protocols:

• Profinet
  • Ethernet IP
  • Profibus
  • Device Net
If you have had a good experience with any product of this type, please let me know.

Thanks,

Doug

I also have had very good success with the AnyBus-X product from HMS Fieldbus.

For my purposes, their integration with Rockwell Automation is top-notch; their DeviceNet product, for example, can use RA's RSNetworx for DeviceNet to set up the scanlist. HMS builds the hardware for one of RA's network gateways.

I have not used their CANOpen interface myself.

Is this for a future project, or do you have the need here and now ?
If you can wait, then Beckhoff has announced a new series of Bus couplers that will support all the standards you have listed and then some.
Go HERE and have a look at the various bus couplers.
The bus coupler would then have a EL6571 CanOpen master terminal.
The bus couplers should be available from 3rd quarter. So it ought to be soon.
I have zero experience with it of course. Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks to everyone.

I have contacted the nearest vendor of Anybus products (other side of the country, 5,000km away) and he is preparing a quote.

This is for future projects, but hopefully near future. While there were a lot of products out there, I wanted something tried and tested. Something that those who used it before would be happy to use again.

I will keep an eye on the Beckhoff and Red Lion stuff, never hurts to have options.

Thanks,

Doug