interger ASCII to String Conversion SLC5/05

Yurikei

Hello all

i am a long time reader of this forum but first time questioning

i am having a problem with converting acsii code, i have ascii code being wrote into a Interger Data file on my SLC5/05 but using the Integer to string conversion AIC this only convertes it as a number but i need to read it as ascii code/radix.

have i missed something or will i have to setup part of the program to convert manually

Cheers

Try using the COPy instruction to copy the integers into string files. COP is a bit for bit copy, and the destination file type determines the length. Since there are two ascii characters per integer, you will want to ensure that your destination ST file is twice as long as the integer file you're copying, and set the length of the COP accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Paul