Question For the B&R folks

ALVIN DAVIS

I have a problem with an old CPU CP40 (didn't want to go active Monday morning) I have found a CP60.My question is Will this CPU work in my rack? and will it read My eprom?
Thanks in advance

Ok, I have done some research and find that I need an obselete cable known as a (BRKAOL5-1) and prosys software. Ive been looking for both for three days and can't find any. The B&R folks only say Good luck. but are willing to come to my location and help.(for a nominal fee of course) Any help with the cable print out or lead on software is
appreciated.
Thanks again Lynn Davis

I am afraid it probably will not work. The CP40 uses a Motorola 6303 processor, while the CP60 uses a Motorola 6809 processor. Different instruction set. A NTCP33 uses the same processor as CP40.

Thanks for the info. The processor lost its program and after trouble shooting I found the EEPROM unit was bad. I had to contact the OEM and have another sent to me. Well Its back online and I have almost caught production back up. I would still like to find a interface cable and a copy of the PROSYS software so I can go on line with these units.
Thanks again.
Lynn Davis

Dear Alvin,

PROSYS software is still available but BRKAOL5-1 cables are no longer is stock. BRKAOL5-1 is not just a cable but an electronic device; therefore, a pin-out is not enough to construct it.

Please contact B&R support at [email protected] if you need any further assistance.