Basic Autocad questions "print in black"

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Been trying for quite some time now to print a file from a machine builder for about an hour now.

I have tried from autocad 2002 LT, 2006 E, and DWG TRUEview.

I have tried on 3 different printers.

If I go into the custom properties in the plot screen I can set it to color or monocrome on one printer and some of the colors come out light gray. On another printer I could select color or black, I selected black and it came out monocrome again. I must be mising something simple.

I was looking for a way of doing this without changing all the layers to black.

Also is there a simple way to plot a series of prints easily. Kinda boring when I have 50 pages and have to open each seperatly, click plot, click previos plot type, click ok, open next, rinse and repeat.

Lastly, whenever I try to plot something it brings up a dialog box telling me the plotter properties/driver is not availabe, I click ok then it takes me into the plot properties.

Thankful for any advice,
-Joel

Under plotter properties you have a box you can check that applies your settings globaly.

To get a drawing to print all black select monocrome in your plotter setup.

Not sure how you can print all of your tabs at once

Lastly, whenever I try to plot something it brings up a dialog box telling me the plotter properties/driver is not availabe, I click ok then it takes me into the plot properties.

Thankful for any advice,
-Joel

The reason is that the drawing is looking for your customers printer, and does not find it. Make the changes to set your printer, then save the drawing. I do not know how to do this any other way. Happens to me often.

Must have been spacing out, forgot about the arrow that opens up the side tab to select monocrome.

So I got the printing in black working now,

As far as a check box for making it global I see one that says apply this to layout. Didn't seem to do anything I'm thinking that it's because all the pages from the supplier are all seperate sheets.

I'll look around online some more to see if I can find a way to set autocad to default to my plotter instead of customers.

Thanks,

I do this all the time but you must be careful because It can mess up a drawing so always have backup.
If u just want a black and white copy, just draw a white line and seclect the whole drawing and match properties to the white line. It makes the drawing all white.
Like I said before it can mess up a drawing with blocks and other att.
Dont forget there is always the undo button (my best friend).

Last edited: