Windows Server 2008

Kev77

Does anybody know when Rockwell will start supporting Windows server 2008? I ordered a new server and I asked for Server 2003 amd our IT department ordered Server 2008.

Thanks,

Kevin
;)

I am going to try and put factory talk transaction manager on it. The only problem I have is I have 150 tag license and I need to purchase 150 more. I am thinking of using FactorySQL rather then FTTM. I have done the online demo and it looks good and I called yesterday and they told me that it works on windows server 2008. Anyone out there recommend FactorySQL over Rockwell's FTTM?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hey Kev, I would just stick with FactorySQL. I use it on a ton of projects, and its rock solid. Inductive Automation is a very forward thinking company, with best of class technical support. They also dont stick you with BS "Tag Limits" like Rockwell does. I love Rockwell /AB for their PLCs, but their software is pure garbage.

Kev77 we had have the same problem and put an older operating system on the server. I understand next month they are coming out with versions for Vista business and 2008 Server SP 1.

You can run a free version of FactorySQL 2 hours at a time. Install it and get it working first. I don't mind giving you a hand if questions come up. What database are you using?

FYI,

FactoryTalk View has come out with CPR9 SR 2 which covers windows server 2008 and Vista. Trying to install as we speak...