S7-1200

I will be receiving mine next wednesday for an upcoming project.

Had a demo of Step7 Basic for programming the new 1200 series. It was very nice, much better than microwin and very windows based for drag and drop etc. I actually thought it was on a par with the logix software which i like.

The 1200 is more structured like to 300 series in terms of OBs, FBs and FCs. The data base structure is also similar.

How about a PP presentation on it ?

Edit: It totals 14Mb - 2 presentations on the plc and software.

Anyone wants it, PM me your email.

Last edited:
How speedy is the general usage ?
Does it feel like WinCC-Flexible ?
Does it use MS SQL Server ?

Not sure i understand first question ?

Never used WinCC Flex (Is that the siemens HMI stuff?)

S7 Basic has an integrated HMI solution for the new screens that work with the 1200, these are also very well priced.

Dont know about MSSQL.

I did notice that it (S7 1200) doesn't have an ASi module yet and you can only address ASi through a Profibus Gateway. There are newer modules coming out the end of this year to increase the new 1200 range.

Not sure i understand first question ?

Never used WinCC Flex (Is that the siemens HMI stuff?)

S7 Basic has an integrated HMI solution for the new screens that work with the 1200, these are also very well priced.

Dont know about MSSQL.
WinCC Flexible is the programming software that replaces Protool, for small panels to medium sized PC HMI's.
One of the major problems with WinCC Flexible is that it is incredibly slow. When you select a property to edit it, it takes a fraction of a second before something happens on the screen. Extremely frustrating and unbelievable that it must be like that today.
The few screenshots I have seen of the new STEP7 v10 for the S7-1200 looks very WinCC Flexible-like. Also, the HMI software integrated into STEP7 v10 should be a pared down version of WinCC Flexible.
WinCC Flexible uses MSSQL extensively (but I dont know for exactly what).

One of the major problems with WinCC Flexible is that it is incredibly slow. When you select a property to edit it, it takes a fraction of a second before something happens on the screen. Extremely frustrating and unbelievable that it must be like that today.)

I can tell you that it's even far more slow :(

WinCC Flexible uses MSSQL extensively (but I dont know for exactly what).

Yes,it does use MSSQL.
It took me almost 2 hours to install the software, including the Windows updates for MSSQL....

Go a 1212 processor and extra IO today, very nice indeed.

Installed the software, took 1/2 an hour and yes it uses MYSQL.

Had a 1/2 hour play with the software and whilst its nice its very

SLOW

Jesper

A rep. from Lemvig Muller called me a few weeks ago and asked me if I they could swing by and show it off. Apparently they are on a tour with it. You should call them.

Hej Jesper :)

Naaah. I doubt that they know everyting there is to know. And to gawk at the plastic exterior of the thing tells me nothing.
I would much more like to know what real experience people have.

And it only interests me assofar as it pertains to S7-300/S7-400. It is totally unlikely that I shall use this small brick PLC.

edit: Btw, thanks 504bloke for the presentations.

Can yuo use "old" TP-panels with new s7-1200 cpu?

Example:
TP177micro-panel <-- MPI/PPI --> S7-1200 CPU ?

Or do yuo have to use these new KTP-panels?