gaz_28

Hi,
I have a problem with syswin 3.4 when uploading program to my plc i get "um protected" i have asked the question before about getting around it but got no reply but does anyone know what "um protected" means ? that might help me with trying to solve this issue
thanks

I have never done this before, but I found some information for you on line; so this should get you close. Go Online with the PLC. Hunt around in the left dialog box of your CXProgrammer v3.1 software (the project tree). Somewhere in there you can click on a protection icon and it will actually reveal the password instead of ***** characters. Then you can click on the little icon on the Set password/release password toolbar (the one with a little PLC and an unlocked padlock) and type in the password. Let me know if this helps you?

Sincerely:

Maintenance Man

thanks for that info but i have a slight problem i am using syswin 3.4 not cx programmer 3.1 reason i am using syswin is because the plc is an old c**h one and the new software wont work on it also work wont change it due to it working ok. I only need to change the timers on the program but i cant find anything that will let my download the updated program to the plc. This syswin software doesnt let you have much freedom in setting up the plc.is there a way of deleting and clearing the memory on the plc ????

To clear the memory

To clear the memory in the Allen Bradley SLC 500s we use; you pull the batter out then discharge the capacitor. This will completely erase the program. You have to make sure the processor does not have an EPROM that stores the program. I am sure the style processor you have, will let you erase the program in the same fashion. If this does not work, you could also install another processor. Let me know if this works.

Sincerely:
Maintenance Man

just tried that and it has came up with fal error 9E and it has no clock now and it wont let me sync it but the program is still there and the um protected still keeps coming up so no joy i'm afriad,

The clock wont sync with the pc so i think the clock has fried now.

Oops

o_O:whistle:Never had that problem with the SLC 500s. Do you have another processor that you can load your program in? I have not worked much with the Omron PLCs. Is there an Omron supplier in the UK you can talk with? Sorry I was just trying to help; did not want to cause you more trouble.

I found this on line for you, but the way I have been helping you, you might not want to use this information.
From Manual #W176-E1-4 Section 9
FAL 9E is a checksum error, AR13.15 should be on.

Possible correction: Check Parameter and Parameter Backup areas. Set and back up parameters with system command.

Hope this will help

:whistle:

Remove processor from rack?

This might be a silly question, but “did you remove the processor from the rack before you tried to clear its memory”? If you did not remove it from the rack, you really should have removed it. I guess I forgot to tell you that, very sorry.

thanks no worries had to try it, thanks for finding me a solution but i cant upload anything onto the plc due to the um protected so i cant see me sorting it that way the plc runs the same no problems but i cant upload anything still. i have contacted the company who originally inxstalled this plc and software and they said they never put any passwords on the plc.

no i didnt remove it completely slipped my mind been working 10 hours now not as fresh as i was at the start of the night

Good luck

:unsure:I am glad the PLC is working now; maybe I should stop giving you advice before the whole rack is in flames. Well sorry I was no help at all. I wish you the best on your project, good luck.

Sincerely:
Maintenance Man

for some reason mid day today the plc just stopped working, the program is still in the plc i know because i can download it to my pc but it has stopped running. It is in run mode but i have no joy, it still comes up with "um protected" so i cant try re-loading anything, getting frustrated now is there anybody out there knows how to get rid of this problem of not being able to load a program onto my plc ???