WonderWare: How to determine where a window is called 'from'

Neucel

Using WW9.5
Is there some way to determine where a window (graphic page) is called from ?
i.e A listing showing any "SHOW WINDOW" actions or script functions calling a particular graphic.
o_O

Didn't work

Don;

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately didn't work. Perhaps my Cross Reference settings need tweaking?
Search Criteria: "Search for all occurrences" selected
Filter: typed in EXACT window name
Search For: "Tag Name" selected.

Tried a couple of times with known 'called' screens but always get a blank search result.

Any other ideas ?

I don't believe there is any way to do what you want. Cross reference won't work since it searches for "Tags". A window name is not a tag.

Are you trying to find out how someone is accessing a window in an existing app? Are you trying to develop a method to keep track of previous window?

Mainly I'm trying to figure out if/how the various windows are being accessed.
At present I'm checking animation links on the likely suspects and if that fails I talk to the operators. Was hoping there was a way to get a more complete answer.
Another factor is there seem to be many unused windows. I'd like to clean up the mess I inherited but afraid I'll break something by deleting a required window.

From WindowMaker, go to file, then print. Select all applicable options.

Don't print to a printer, print to a file.
Open that file with Notepad, and search for the string you wish to find (the windowname).

Got it ! Thanks

DaveW / Oakley;

Thanks for the help.
Provides a mountain of data.
Looks like the info I'm after is in there. A bit of testing to verify and I'll be set to go.