PLC 5 MSG with an integer

Shivan

Hi Guys

I have a plc 5/40 that i need to message to another plc 5. Easy as, but i have no MG Data file for control, and i cant stop the plc to add one as it controls key parts of our 24 7 plant.

I know the i can use an integer but i dont know which bit is which. Does anyone have a list of what the integer bits do when used as MSG control?

Thanks in Advance

The first word of the N block contains the control flags.

If I remember correctly the bits are as follows:

12: Error
13: Done
15: Enable

Good Luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

Also, use the F1 key on your keyboard with the instruction highlighted to get context sensitive help. The control block layout is contained in the help files foe the MSG instruction.

Similar Topics

I have a network with 4 PLCs PLC1 is controllogix and PLCs 2-4 are compactlogix and they all need to communicate. The current way I have this...
Replies
Views
Hello All, is there any way to fetch remote controllers Mode Run/Remote Prog/Faulted etc. ( AB L8 Series) using CIP message, if yes please share...
Replies
Views
Hello all. Working on a centrifuge for a customer. They have ACS880 ABB Vfd's installed, and need them to talk VIA the FENA card Ethernet to...
Replies
Views
We have many sites with PLC-5s and 1785-ENET sidecars that are being pounded pretty hard by the GE IGS driver (Kepware) and iFIX/Historian...
Replies
Views
Hello: Working on a program that needs to read some data from other Rockwell PLCs. Every second my program sends "CIP Data Table Read" command and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom