OMRAN CQM1 problem

ggchavhan

Hi

I am having OMRAN CQM1 (CPU21) PLC, my junior was handling it, suddenly it is showing IO bus error its code is 0x00C0. I could not find out the cause and still PLC is not going in RUN mode. Where as It allows to download and uploads, when monitored it flashes error window which shows IO bus error. Please help me to resolve the problem

GAJANAN

had similar problems go online to the fault log clear the error there but first reseat the I\O cards and CPU hopefully it clears but one possible reason is the backplane.

Thanks

I tried to clear memory of CPU, removed the battery upto half an hour, and powered on but no joy.

How to reset I/O cards?

unless its a special I/O module you usually do not have to reset the I/O cards there is a fault log when you go online try clearing the error there. Flashing faults is usually a warning. Do you have a network module on this rack?

one other possibility is make sure the cards installed match those in the I/O table and in the correct order. this I/O table can be found on the left under
I/O table and unit setup

The CQM range does not have an IO table. I have attached a section from the manual based on the fault code you have quoted, do you have the CQM1 manual?

cqm1.JPG

Couple of questions

1. Is the end cap attached at the end of all the I/O cards? If so power down, remove the end cap & check the little circuit board inside with the end of bus terminator is still intact.

2. Do you have more than 10 cards attached to the CPU? From memory the CQM was limited to 10 cards.

Hi,

I had similar error once on an installation, the machine was running for more than 10 years.

Stopped the machine, powered off, removed all the cards including the end ones, used contact cleaner to spray clean the contacts and put it back. So far so good :D

Best Regards