DH-485 network connected to one PC ( Normally act as a SCADA node
which can be rebooted as EWS as and when required ) The HMI we
have in the computer is intellution FIX-32 , v 6.15.operating system
NT and is connected with AB KF3 module for communication between
DH-485 and PC.

I would like to add into the system one more new computer which will
normally will act as VIEW and can be rebooted as scada or EWS incase
of need .I am planning to add one more KF3 , looped the DH-485 cable
from present KF3 to the new KF3 and connect to the new PC .

Is it the correct way of doing ?? Any other good suggestion please.

Best Regards & thanks in advance.

Rima .

Fix and SCADA

This would work, but then you would need another SCADA node instead of a View node. With a view node, I believe that you would need to have the computers connected by the LAN(ethernet or Tokenring). If you want one to be a backup to the other then you would connect the new computer onto the DH485 network.
A View node is much less expensive and you would also be able to skip purchasing the KF3 module, but you would need to connect the computers up over the LAN.

Craig

It depends on how you are looking for your View node to get its data from the SCADA node.

If you plan to have an ethernet connection between the two, then your golden. Since most PCs these days come with an ethernet port, you shouldn't have any problem.

But don't try using the DH-485 as your SCADA-View communication link. First, I'm not sure that Fix32 would support Networking with anything other than TCP/IP or NetBIOS protocols, and second, you don't want that much traffic on the DH-485.

Since you'll only have 5 nodes on the DH-485, make sure that when you configure the View nodes DH-485 address, you pick something unique.

You may also want to disable (or at least make tougher) the SCADA nodes ability to reboot to EWS, since the View node will not have a SCADA server if that node is doing EWS (whatever that is).

I have Allen Bredly PLC model DH - 485.This PLC is in the net work with a PC & network is done with Intellution Fix32,V-6.15.Operating system is Windows NT.Now we cannot read any thing from Screen of PC.We tried to down load back up software of Fix32V-6.15 in the PC.But the screen shows that node is not found for RS logics software.
Now would you please describe what to do to eliminate the problem & make successful communication with the PLC programe?

Last edited:
That's one of the answers.

But what about these two.

What driver are you using in Fix32?
Can you see the PLC's in RSWho?

If you can't see the PLC's in RSWho, then there is some type of problem outside of Fix32. Which driver are you using in Fix? ABR? other?