Array Transfer GEFanuc 90-30

Gnasch

I am having a problem with moving data from a 32 point input card. I have three two digit thumbwheels (1 Byte per digit) and the last word is assorted bit Inputs.

The OEM that designed this finally gave up on using the thumbwheels, this is causing a lot of problems and extended cycle time since the operators have to program each cycle by hand instead of being able to use the thumbwheel to retrieve the stored data.

The starting address of the card is %I00029, I had assumed that I could use an ARRAY_WORD move to pick out which bits I want but no matter the configuration I use I always get a '3' as a result.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to pick bits off of this card other than one by one?

In the first place, I don't think the starting address of your input module is %I0029. That may be the starting address of the first thumbwheel input, but modules in a GE Fanuc system have to be addressed on a byte boundary. That's an address that, when divided by eight, leaves a remainder of 1. Valid starting addresses for modules are %I1, %I9, %I17, %I25, %I33, etc.

That being said, you could AND the inputs with a mask to extract the bits you care about. Let's assume your six digits of thumbwheels are wired to consecutive inputs starting at %I0025.

The first two digits would be %I0025 AND 00FF.
The second would be (%I0025 AND FF00)/256
The third would be %I0033 AND 00FF

That's using an AND_WORD instruction.

After the AND how do you feed it to the BCD converter? One nybble per digit, can you give it the first byte or do you have to break it down?