VFD Parameters Effects

eyad267

Is it possible to find a tutorial or an ebook about the effects of changing the parameters for an AC motor inverter? (other than the manuals)

I have got the manuals with the inverter but i am new at this and i need to study the parameters first because i am afraid of the bad effects that could result for a rapid change in some parameters or for exceeding the values...

I am using LG Inverters

Thanks in Advance

Hi there
I would like to know whats the problem with manuals??
E-book I think u wont find as parameters of inverters of different makes are different. Only the manual of that particular inverter can teach u the effects and side effects !!

The 3-wire system for example? what are the bases to choose the maximum frequency? maximum voltage? timings? Reset systems? the advance things like making a password?

I think I see the problem. What you need is a good introductory primer on motors and VFDs.

I recommend as a starter:

Electric Motor Drive Installation and Troubleshooting by Glen A. Mazur and William J. Weindorf
ISBN 0 8269 1250 8
It is a bit pricy like all good textbooks but you may be able to check out from your library.

Dan Bentler