Problems with an S5 135 U

wout

Hello there,
I have problems with an S5 135U. In this system is an
6ES5 581-0EA11 card. This card is connected with a monitor and a keybord. Normal when there is an fealure on the machin, you can get a overview of fealures by pressing the F1 key.
This F1 key is not functioning anymore, so it is not possible to get this overview.
I connected a new keybord, restart the hole system, but it is still not passible to get an overview by pressing the F1 key.

I hope that somebody can give me an idee to solve this problem.

Thanks anyway

What does the f1 key do? is it a bit in the PLC?

I had something like this with a Laurla (spelling??) screen, I just used a different key and reprogrammed the PLC

The F1 key is not direct conected with the PLC, i have spoken with Siemens support and they say that this card is like a normal PC. The program from the PLC is not friendly to read, they use fc blocks that I can not open and I have a upload from the program without any comment, I think that reprogramming is not an option. Then furst I must know how the communication between this card and the plc is functioning
But thanks for your answer

You will have a communication card in one of the slots on the PLC.... but you need to find the f1 key in the PLC, they will use this function key to set a bit in the PLC, you will need to find another key (or how this one is addressed) and make it into another key