LCD TV 40" with Mitsubishi Q06HCPU

zai_jnr

Dear All,

Anyone here had ever integrate LCD TV with PLC to display production data or any data from PLC?

There have any special module card need to insert in my PLC system?

What software to use for graphic design?

Or maybe I need use desktop between PLC and LCD TV?

Please help me give info how to configure this LCD with Mitsubishi PLC?

I dont know and want to learn this thing :confused:

I have my LCD TV at home connected to my computer (used as a DVR on steroids). They are very similar to a monitor except they do not scale resolutions (or my one doesn't). My TV is 720p which is actually 1272x712 or something like that, so you need a cheap vid card so you can modify the resolution else you would have some of the desktop off the screen. I have (2 years ago $30) ATI vid card at home with its software that works great and I presume that nvidia would do the same.
My advice is get a dual vid card so you hook a monitor up to it and the LCD tv then you can configure the LCD TV on the fly using the standard monitor. Once its done assign the LCD TV to primary and disconnect the monitor (remember a reboot to ensure everything works).

You will have a tough time finding a PLC with video output. You will need a PC to run some sort of HMI software, and send the video output to the TV.

I have my LCD TV at home connected to my computer (used as a DVR on steroids). They are very similar to a monitor except they do not scale resolutions (or my one doesn't). My TV is 720p which is actually 1272x712 or something like that, so you need a cheap vid card so you can modify the resolution else you would have some of the desktop off the screen. I have (2 years ago $30) ATI vid card at home with its software that works great and I presume that nvidia would do the same.
My advice is get a dual vid card so you hook a monitor up to it and the LCD tv then you can configure the LCD TV on the fly using the standard monitor. Once its done assign the LCD TV to primary and disconnect the monitor (remember a reboot to ensure everything works).

Thank for your reply. I'm more understand for this configure from desktop to TV. But how I could collect data from PLC to desktop?

You will have a tough time finding a PLC with video output. You will need a PC to run some sort of HMI software, and send the video output to the TV.

Thanks for your reply.

Now, I'm thinking how I need to get data from PLC and send to desktop then desktop show the data in graphic feature. For sure I need to design some sort of HMI graphic inside my desktop before can display to LCD TV.

From PLC to desktop, what I need to do to collect data to desktop and display? :unsure:

Just for curiosity, why do you want a 40" monitor? Do you plan on viewing your production data from your front porch?

Actually this is a slat conveyor system in car body shop factory. Their worker complaint to management that they don't know which spec enter to production line. Each model spec need to fit with different part onto the body. So, with the LCD TV 40", hopefully they can be more clear what model spec in each station. Zero mistake to fit part to car body.

The only "PLC" I am aware of that has a DVI port is a CX-series Beckhoff. There may be a few more like that, almost exclusively of European design (Wago, Phoenix Contact etc.) But these are, strictly speaking, PCs, not PLCs.

Which, in essense, sums it up: yes, it is possible. But there must be a PC which would collect the relevant data from the PLC and run a program to present the data on the screen. PLCs per se are not designed to have video ports on them.

The only "PLC" I am aware of that has a DVI port is a CX-series Beckhoff. There may be a few more like that, almost exclusively of European design (Wago, Phoenix Contact etc.) But these are, strictly speaking, PCs, not PLCs.

Which, in essense, sums it up: yes, it is possible. But there must be a PC which would collect the relevant data from the PLC and run a program to present the data on the screen. PLCs per se are not designed to have video ports on them.

Thanx for reply.

Now, I got info how to configure this thing.

From PLC need to connect to PC. Then from PC need to connect to TV LCD.

Transmission data from PLC to PC need using either serial port, parallel port or Ethernet module. In my case I will using either ethernet or parallel connection due to distance from PLC to PC is far around 50 meter.

In my PC, I'll using GT SoftGOT software to design graphic and for monitoring data puprpose. I need one more hardware device between PLC and PC that call 'tugger'.

So from PC to LCD TV will using what creativepaper have done before.

I think you could use a C'More HMI, and put the 40" monitor on a PC. Use the Remote Access and Control feature. System can be controlled from HMI or PC, and you don't need to buy additional software or hardware, (except video card with monitor output for PC).
I haven't done this - maybe a C'More expert can verify.