Control of water valves using Compactlogix

compnov

Hi,

I'm new to posting here and new to PLCs.
I have a project,(it's not a homework assignment) where I need to control when water valves come.I am using a L45 compactlogix (RSLogix version 17) with remote IO.

I have six watering Areas, with at least three valves per Area. Only one valve for any area can be on. I am using an HMI to set Startdays,Runtimes and Auto/Manual mode. For example, in Auto mode, Area A could start on Monday at Midnight, then each valve in Area A would sequentially turn on. For example Area A starts, starting Area A valve1, then Valve2,etc. Then onto the next area. I need each Area to be able to start on different days and times.

Like I said I am new to programming and while I have an existing program, I know there is an easier way to do this and was hoping someone had a better direction or idea of where to start. I know there is something I am missing.
I am sorry for the length of the posting but I wanted to be able give as much information right from the start.

Thank you for any help.

Compnov :
I wouldn´t say that you project is easy, but i would say that is a typical one. I designed a similar project but with devicenet, in my case we have 39 valves. This project seems to be a good one to use UDT´s and AOI´s. I got an AOI for on/off valves, if you want to have it just let me know thru a pm.