Red Lion G3 Time Manager setup

Mbeavers34

I've been playing with this off and on for a little while and I can't seem to get the Time manager to update the HMI's time. We have several G3's in the plant mostly 15s but some smaller and the times are all over the place. Heres what I have.
Enable Time Manager - check
Enable time server - No
Enable SNTP - Yes
Linked DST - No
Manual Configuration
SNTP Server - 129.6.15.28 (I've tried different ones)
Enable GPS - No
Frequency - 1 min

My laptop uses the same SNTP address and it is on the same network as the G3s so, it doesn't appear to be a firewall issue.

Any Ideas?

You also need to set the TimeZone system variable to correct GMT. I.E. I use TimeZone = -5 since I am in the Eastern Time Zone. Then, depending on the time of year, set UseDST to 1 or 0. You can do this On Startup, go to the User Interface section and click on Pages at the top of the page list. In the On Startup field type something like this: TimeZone = -5, UseDST = 1. (Without the period)

Also, I assume you have already done so, but make sure that the Ethernet port of the G3 is enabled and it has a gateway to get to the subnet of the time server.

Regards,
Dan

I checked the subnet.... it was wrong. So, good call on that. Unfortunately they are working on our network and I'm not sure my G3s will have any connectivity to the outside world for a few days. I'll let you know if that took care of it.
Thanks again.