Panel View Plus Print Screen

Whitey

Hello Everybody,
Has anyone used the Panel View Plus Print screen feature recently with a HP printer? I tried for the first time today.
I read the tech notes selected a HP printer which supports PCL3 (HP D2560), upgraded the firmware in the HMI to >5. What happens is when I press the print screen button the printer responds by flashing the power button as if receiving data only it just continues to flash for about 5 minutes then stops. No printing done. I cannot find anything of use in the manual or driver setup for the printer. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have done this with a PV+ 1000. I had to find a printer that supports PCL3 also, was not that easy, ended up getting a 2nd one off a local buy/sell site.

I don't have access to the PV config setup, but do recall having to do some settings in there. Have you had a look at the settings in the config screen?

What method are you using, serial/ethernet/USB? I used USB.

You can also read/write the status to print remotely using Global connections, the Display Print Active is set when the display is being printed, this could assist in confirming that the PV+ is trying to print.

Yes I am using USB. Yes there was some basic setup needed in the PV Config setup. Thanks for the tip as the print is active however there must be a time out that cancels it after about 5 minutes. I think you are right. I will need to track down an older printer as PCL3 is becoming out of date and perhaps there is a problem with this printer being both PCL3 and GUI. I will try and track down an older unit even if it is just to prove the point.