Excel to OPC

sidhu

I wish to connect Excel (.csv) file to Factory Talk SE SCADA software through RSLinx OPC Server. Kindly help

I was under the impression that if you're not running an RSLinx Lite version, then you're able to use the RSLinx OPC server tags in most versions of Microsoft Office. RSLinx allows you to configure OPC Topic and Aliases as well as copying them to supported programs.

I've only ever played with this in Excel 2003 though.

I think RSLinx will only do DDE, not OPC.

I am using RSLinx OEM to provide DDE tags to an Excel database.

It works, but seems rather slow to update.

Luckily, I am only using it on a non-critical application.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I'm using Ignition as the HMI for a project. I do not have physical access to a PLC to download our project on to for development...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends; I copy the link of Tag value and paste it as a link in Excel but Cell shows #REF The images are attached where i am wrong...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I know it is possibile to access data from a PLC directly to excel using a OPC link through RSLinx...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for help writing to PLC tags from Excel. I am using Factory Talk Gateway as an OPC server and Excel VBA to write out to an...
Replies
Views
HI, I created a RSLINX OPC/DDE topic and then copied the link in to excel and I'm getting a #REF Error in the cells rather than the data, anyone...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom