PLC Memory

Hello guys

is the main programe stroed on plc ROM(Micro Memory Card)?

what kind of data stored on RAM?

if the backup battary finished will I shutdown PLC first or not at replacing?

How can I take backup copy on my computer?

It depends in which brand you are using. Siemens, AB, Omron, etc.

But the general consensus is: Never, ever shutdown the PLC while you are replacing the batteries.

As Jeebs stated - it depends. Please state the EXACT model of PLC. Each may have its own set of steps to follow when replacing a battery. Some batteries cannot be changed unless the PLC is shut off. But absolutely make a backup of the current state of the program and data before replacing the battery.

Similar Topics

Hello I am doing some research on plc memory allocation, including RAM, EEPROM, volatile and non-volatile variables etc. I would like to keep my...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to trend PLC memory usage in the historian? We are getting few faults on the compactlogix controllers. They are old running V17. I...
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone. I hope you are doing well. I have a KINCO PLC HP043-20DT. I'm communicating through free-protocol instructions XMT and RCV...
Replies
Views
I would like to create an AOI which throw me an alarm when cpu usage is more than 75%. Since GSV doesn not support this functionality I am...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have an Omron PLC program which is copied from the memory card. Could you please tell can I open the PLC program using CX programmer or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom