Convert PCB to PLC

msiami

Any recommendations and suggestions for reverse engineering legacy PCB and converting to PLC system?

All we have is the physical equipment, the designs are long lost and we don't want to start from scratch.

Its not for a very complicated system. The 2 PCBs are 4" x 4" and 5" x 7". (as you can guess I'm know nothing about electronics, thus the lack of details!)

We are based in the UK, but we could send the stuff to the US etc. if that's more cost effective.

Essentially I would be grateful for any recommendations; experience of how best to go about this; approx. time scales and cost (i.e. is it 6 weeks and $10k, or 12 months and $100k?

Thanks

Any recommendations and suggestions for reverse engineering legacy PCB and converting to PLC system?

All we have is the physical equipment, the designs are long lost and we don't want to start from scratch.

Its not for a very complicated system. The 2 PCBs are 4" x 4" and 5" x 7". (as you can guess I'm know nothing about electronics, thus the lack of details!)

We are based in the UK, but we could send the stuff to the US etc. if that's more cost effective.

Essentially I would be grateful for any recommendations; experience of how best to go about this; approx. time scales and cost (i.e. is it 6 weeks and $10k, or 12 months and $100k?

Thanks

More information required

The object of this is probably to achieve the same functionality of the PCB control with a PLC. So a functional/electrical description of the operation would be more helpful than pictures of the PCBs.